New salt bins for Greenstead

First published in News Gazette: Photograph of the Author by , Senior reporter

THREE new salt bins have been installed on a Colchester estate thanks to the local councillors.

Residents in Oberon, Tippett and Howe Closes in Greenstead can now grit their own road after Colchester councillors paid for the bins.

Each Colchester councillor has been given £2,000 to spend in their ward and Tina Dopson, Tim and Julie Young who represent the St Andrew’s area pooled their cash to spend on the bins and other projects.

The councillors have also bought a tonne of salt with which to fill bins around the estate.

Comments (34)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:09pm Thu 20 Dec 12

GreensteadResident says...

A good idea and well done to the councillors.
A good idea and well done to the councillors. GreensteadResident
  • Score: 0

6:33pm Thu 20 Dec 12

Johnny T says...

now all you need is someone to get the idol parasites out of bed to grit the road
now all you need is someone to get the idol parasites out of bed to grit the road Johnny T
  • Score: 0

8:14pm Thu 20 Dec 12

Boris says...

Johnny T wrote:
now all you need is someone to get the idol parasites out of bed to grit the road
Idols don't move so they won't grit the road.
Try learning a bit of English before you start flinging silly accusations around.
[quote][p][bold]Johnny T[/bold] wrote: now all you need is someone to get the idol parasites out of bed to grit the road[/p][/quote]Idols don't move so they won't grit the road. Try learning a bit of English before you start flinging silly accusations around. Boris
  • Score: 0

8:51pm Thu 20 Dec 12

super waluigi says...

Boris wrote:
Johnny T wrote:
now all you need is someone to get the idol parasites out of bed to grit the road
Idols don't move so they won't grit the road.
Try learning a bit of English before you start flinging silly accusations around.
If this was Facebook I would click the 'like' button
[quote][p][bold]Boris[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Johnny T[/bold] wrote: now all you need is someone to get the idol parasites out of bed to grit the road[/p][/quote]Idols don't move so they won't grit the road. Try learning a bit of English before you start flinging silly accusations around.[/p][/quote]If this was Facebook I would click the 'like' button super waluigi
  • Score: 0

10:45pm Thu 20 Dec 12

Johnny T says...

Boris wrote:
Johnny T wrote:
now all you need is someone to get the idol parasites out of bed to grit the road
Idols don't move so they won't grit the road.
Try learning a bit of English before you start flinging silly accusations around.
Sorry boris had my PreDickter text on
[quote][p][bold]Boris[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Johnny T[/bold] wrote: now all you need is someone to get the idol parasites out of bed to grit the road[/p][/quote]Idols don't move so they won't grit the road. Try learning a bit of English before you start flinging silly accusations around.[/p][/quote]Sorry boris had my PreDickter text on Johnny T
  • Score: 0

12:08am Fri 21 Dec 12

PROOFREADER says...

There is also another new salt bin near the Housing office in Hawthorn Avenue.
There is also another new salt bin near the Housing office in Hawthorn Avenue. PROOFREADER
  • Score: 0

8:41am Fri 21 Dec 12

noddy349 says...

This is good. As last year was a joke
This is good. As last year was a joke noddy349
  • Score: 0

12:40pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Ozzie says...

I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas! Ozzie
  • Score: 0

1:53pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Dillinga says...

Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
[quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes. Dillinga
  • Score: 0

2:46pm Fri 21 Dec 12

PROOFREADER says...

Dillinga wrote:
Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years.
It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live!
[quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.[/p][/quote]I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years. It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live! PROOFREADER
  • Score: 0

2:46pm Fri 21 Dec 12

PROOFREADER says...

Dillinga wrote:
Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years.
It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live!
[quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.[/p][/quote]I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years. It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live! PROOFREADER
  • Score: 0

3:11pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Joker50 says...

I don't live on Greenstead, but I know a lot of people who do and I totally agree with you proofreader, I know for a fact that there are some very wealthy people on Greenstead, ( some of you may find that surprising ), who could easily live elsewhere but choose not too, people who have worked hard for their money. Most of the people on Greenstead are just ordinary decent people that do not deserve this insult to their community
I don't live on Greenstead, but I know a lot of people who do and I totally agree with you proofreader, I know for a fact that there are some very wealthy people on Greenstead, ( some of you may find that surprising ), who could easily live elsewhere but choose not too, people who have worked hard for their money. Most of the people on Greenstead are just ordinary decent people that do not deserve this insult to their community Joker50
  • Score: 0

3:39pm Fri 21 Dec 12

romantic says...

Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
Fully agree. I grew up in a place very similar to Greenstead, which got labelled in exactly the same way, normally by people who had scarcely been there. There are some problems, but not worse than other parts of the town.
[quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]Fully agree. I grew up in a place very similar to Greenstead, which got labelled in exactly the same way, normally by people who had scarcely been there. There are some problems, but not worse than other parts of the town. romantic
  • Score: 0

5:48pm Fri 21 Dec 12

comeonyouirons says...

Ah, the usual "Bash Greenstead Brigade" out in force. I've been here since 1986, love the place and most of the people in it. Well done to everyone else for speaking sense. Oh, and a common tactic of the troll..... spell badly on purpose to get a rise out of people, a bit infantile, but if it keeps you happy......
Ah, the usual "Bash Greenstead Brigade" out in force. I've been here since 1986, love the place and most of the people in it. Well done to everyone else for speaking sense. Oh, and a common tactic of the troll..... spell badly on purpose to get a rise out of people, a bit infantile, but if it keeps you happy...... comeonyouirons
  • Score: 0

7:43pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Johnny T says...

This ones for the kids on the Bronx, go get your garden waste bag, It will be where the council man put it when it was delivered, fill it with rock salt then when the weather freezes scatter the rock salt on the Greenstead pensioners paths, Any tips you get save in an Isa then one day you will have enough money to get out of that hell hole.

Boris could you be so rude and check my spelling thanks
This ones for the kids on the Bronx, go get your garden waste bag, It will be where the council man put it when it was delivered, fill it with rock salt then when the weather freezes scatter the rock salt on the Greenstead pensioners paths, Any tips you get save in an Isa then one day you will have enough money to get out of that hell hole. Boris could you be so rude and check my spelling thanks Johnny T
  • Score: 0

7:51pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Johnny T says...

comeonyouirons wrote:
Ah, the usual "Bash Greenstead Brigade" out in force. I've been here since 1986, love the place and most of the people in it. Well done to everyone else for speaking sense. Oh, and a common tactic of the troll..... spell badly on purpose to get a rise out of people, a bit infantile, but if it keeps you happy......
most of the problems on Greenstead are caused by the influx of infantile Cockneys who move on to Avondale in the 80's
[quote][p][bold]comeonyouirons[/bold] wrote: Ah, the usual "Bash Greenstead Brigade" out in force. I've been here since 1986, love the place and most of the people in it. Well done to everyone else for speaking sense. Oh, and a common tactic of the troll..... spell badly on purpose to get a rise out of people, a bit infantile, but if it keeps you happy......[/p][/quote]most of the problems on Greenstead are caused by the influx of infantile Cockneys who move on to Avondale in the 80's Johnny T
  • Score: 0

7:59pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Johnny T says...

PROOFREADER wrote:
Dillinga wrote:
Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years.
It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live!
you must be from longride then
[quote][p][bold]PROOFREADER[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.[/p][/quote]I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years. It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live![/p][/quote]you must be from longride then Johnny T
  • Score: 0

8:04pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Johnny T says...

Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
Happy Christmas Ozzie!!
[quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]Happy Christmas Ozzie!! Johnny T
  • Score: 0

9:51pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Dillinga says...

PROOFREADER wrote:
Dillinga wrote:
Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years.
It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live!
You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice.

Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate.

As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices?

The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia.

As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead.
[quote][p][bold]PROOFREADER[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.[/p][/quote]I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years. It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live![/p][/quote]You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice. Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate. As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices? The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia. As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead. Dillinga
  • Score: 0

10:08pm Fri 21 Dec 12

super waluigi says...

So this thread has again turned into a slanging match between people who do or don't live in a certain area.

Speaking from experience, I lived in monk wick for 20 years as a child and teenager. I had a chip on my shoulder, I had good times and bad times, but I made the most of what I had.
I then moved into a semi detached house on a private estate, with a mortgage. Humble with what I have, I don't disrespect anyone from a council estate. Greenstead, monk wick or otherwise. Similar, I don't think that people with bigger houses are better than me.

What amazes me, is people above who are prepared to pretty much class the whole of greenstead as a sh!t hole because there brother lived there once. I wish people like this had more brain or had a little less tunnel vision for life. Stupid brainless talentless tw@t.
So this thread has again turned into a slanging match between people who do or don't live in a certain area. Speaking from experience, I lived in monk wick for 20 years as a child and teenager. I had a chip on my shoulder, I had good times and bad times, but I made the most of what I had. I then moved into a semi detached house on a private estate, with a mortgage. Humble with what I have, I don't disrespect anyone from a council estate. Greenstead, monk wick or otherwise. Similar, I don't think that people with bigger houses are better than me. What amazes me, is people above who are prepared to pretty much class the whole of greenstead as a sh!t hole because there brother lived there once. I wish people like this had more brain or had a little less tunnel vision for life. Stupid brainless talentless tw@t. super waluigi
  • Score: 0

10:41pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Dillinga says...

super waluigi wrote:
So this thread has again turned into a slanging match between people who do or don't live in a certain area.

Speaking from experience, I lived in monk wick for 20 years as a child and teenager. I had a chip on my shoulder, I had good times and bad times, but I made the most of what I had.
I then moved into a semi detached house on a private estate, with a mortgage. Humble with what I have, I don't disrespect anyone from a council estate. Greenstead, monk wick or otherwise. Similar, I don't think that people with bigger houses are better than me.

What amazes me, is people above who are prepared to pretty much class the whole of greenstead as a sh!t hole because there brother lived there once. I wish people like this had more brain or had a little less tunnel vision for life. Stupid brainless talentless tw@t.
Seems like the chip is still very much on your shoulder.

So you hate people who speak from experience despite yourself on another recent story acting like an authority on the quality control procedures of the entire building trade based in the fact you are a plumber.

Excuse me if I don't take offence to being called talentless by someone who can't differentiate between there and their or resorts to name calling to add some kind of weight to their argument.
[quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: So this thread has again turned into a slanging match between people who do or don't live in a certain area. Speaking from experience, I lived in monk wick for 20 years as a child and teenager. I had a chip on my shoulder, I had good times and bad times, but I made the most of what I had. I then moved into a semi detached house on a private estate, with a mortgage. Humble with what I have, I don't disrespect anyone from a council estate. Greenstead, monk wick or otherwise. Similar, I don't think that people with bigger houses are better than me. What amazes me, is people above who are prepared to pretty much class the whole of greenstead as a sh!t hole because there brother lived there once. I wish people like this had more brain or had a little less tunnel vision for life. Stupid brainless talentless tw@t.[/p][/quote]Seems like the chip is still very much on your shoulder. So you hate people who speak from experience despite yourself on another recent story acting like an authority on the quality control procedures of the entire building trade based in the fact you are a plumber. Excuse me if I don't take offence to being called talentless by someone who can't differentiate between there and their or resorts to name calling to add some kind of weight to their argument. Dillinga
  • Score: 0

11:30pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Boris says...

Johnny T wrote:
This ones for the kids on the Bronx, go get your garden waste bag, It will be where the council man put it when it was delivered, fill it with rock salt then when the weather freezes scatter the rock salt on the Greenstead pensioners paths, Any tips you get save in an Isa then one day you will have enough money to get out of that hell hole.

Boris could you be so rude and check my spelling thanks
Johnny, I couldn't care less about your spelling. I only criticised it because your comment was so idiotic, as several others have also stated.
But hey, it's almost Christmas, so you have a great time, and everybody else on this site, whether we agree or not.
[quote][p][bold]Johnny T[/bold] wrote: This ones for the kids on the Bronx, go get your garden waste bag, It will be where the council man put it when it was delivered, fill it with rock salt then when the weather freezes scatter the rock salt on the Greenstead pensioners paths, Any tips you get save in an Isa then one day you will have enough money to get out of that hell hole. Boris could you be so rude and check my spelling thanks[/p][/quote]Johnny, I couldn't care less about your spelling. I only criticised it because your comment was so idiotic, as several others have also stated. But hey, it's almost Christmas, so you have a great time, and everybody else on this site, whether we agree or not. Boris
  • Score: 0

8:23am Sat 22 Dec 12

super waluigi says...

Dillinga wrote:
super waluigi wrote:
So this thread has again turned into a slanging match between people who do or don't live in a certain area.

Speaking from experience, I lived in monk wick for 20 years as a child and teenager. I had a chip on my shoulder, I had good times and bad times, but I made the most of what I had.
I then moved into a semi detached house on a private estate, with a mortgage. Humble with what I have, I don't disrespect anyone from a council estate. Greenstead, monk wick or otherwise. Similar, I don't think that people with bigger houses are better than me.

What amazes me, is people above who are prepared to pretty much class the whole of greenstead as a sh!t hole because there brother lived there once. I wish people like this had more brain or had a little less tunnel vision for life. Stupid brainless talentless tw@t.
Seems like the chip is still very much on your shoulder.

So you hate people who speak from experience despite yourself on another recent story acting like an authority on the quality control procedures of the entire building trade based in the fact you are a plumber.

Excuse me if I don't take offence to being called talentless by someone who can't differentiate between there and their or resorts to name calling to add some kind of weight to their argument.
hang on one minute.

"so you hate people who speak from experience"......
The fact that I simply pointed out that most building companies have quality control procedures put in place to deal with problems like leaky roofs has nothing to do with making silly generalising comments like yourself.
I think you will find (and you don't have to look no further than this very forum) that I never "hate" anything or anyone, in fact, the only chip on my shoulder is that all my life I have been put in boxes that people like you build for people like me so that you can label people.

Greenstead is one of the most diverse parts of colchester. It has people from all parts of the world living there. Some for university, some because they have family there, some are happy and settled there, and some because they have no option. It has good and bad residence, areas, schools and shops. Like many other parts of Colchester and Essex, it cannot be classified and put in a box for the brainless to make comments on.

The way you described Greenstead the first time around, was as silly as saying, "everyone who wears red shoes is thick", or "it rains every friday." Its nonsense.

Greenstead should have extra salt bins. It is a big area and has some long roads.

Oh, and one last thing, Yes I did spell the There wrong. I also did some name calling. Never proud of it, but I had been on my work drinks hours before posting. The fact you have to add these errors of mine to your poorly executed and wrong blog about me is no less tactical than me name calling in the first place.

Sort your own 'box' out first before you start on others.
[quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: So this thread has again turned into a slanging match between people who do or don't live in a certain area. Speaking from experience, I lived in monk wick for 20 years as a child and teenager. I had a chip on my shoulder, I had good times and bad times, but I made the most of what I had. I then moved into a semi detached house on a private estate, with a mortgage. Humble with what I have, I don't disrespect anyone from a council estate. Greenstead, monk wick or otherwise. Similar, I don't think that people with bigger houses are better than me. What amazes me, is people above who are prepared to pretty much class the whole of greenstead as a sh!t hole because there brother lived there once. I wish people like this had more brain or had a little less tunnel vision for life. Stupid brainless talentless tw@t.[/p][/quote]Seems like the chip is still very much on your shoulder. So you hate people who speak from experience despite yourself on another recent story acting like an authority on the quality control procedures of the entire building trade based in the fact you are a plumber. Excuse me if I don't take offence to being called talentless by someone who can't differentiate between there and their or resorts to name calling to add some kind of weight to their argument.[/p][/quote]hang on one minute. "so you hate people who speak from experience"...... The fact that I simply pointed out that most building companies have quality control procedures put in place to deal with problems like leaky roofs has nothing to do with making silly generalising comments like yourself. I think you will find (and you don't have to look no further than this very forum) that I never "hate" anything or anyone, in fact, the only chip on my shoulder is that all my life I have been put in boxes that people like you build for people like me so that you can label people. Greenstead is one of the most diverse parts of colchester. It has people from all parts of the world living there. Some for university, some because they have family there, some are happy and settled there, and some because they have no option. It has good and bad residence, areas, schools and shops. Like many other parts of Colchester and Essex, it cannot be classified and put in a box for the brainless to make comments on. The way you described Greenstead the first time around, was as silly as saying, "everyone who wears red shoes is thick", or "it rains every friday." Its nonsense. Greenstead should have extra salt bins. It is a big area and has some long roads. Oh, and one last thing, Yes I did spell the There wrong. I also did some name calling. Never proud of it, but I had been on my work drinks hours before posting. The fact you have to add these errors of mine to your poorly executed and wrong blog about me is no less tactical than me name calling in the first place. Sort your own 'box' out first before you start on others. super waluigi
  • Score: 0

10:37am Sat 22 Dec 12

Dillinga says...

super waluigi wrote:
Dillinga wrote:
super waluigi wrote:
So this thread has again turned into a slanging match between people who do or don't live in a certain area.

Speaking from experience, I lived in monk wick for 20 years as a child and teenager. I had a chip on my shoulder, I had good times and bad times, but I made the most of what I had.
I then moved into a semi detached house on a private estate, with a mortgage. Humble with what I have, I don't disrespect anyone from a council estate. Greenstead, monk wick or otherwise. Similar, I don't think that people with bigger houses are better than me.

What amazes me, is people above who are prepared to pretty much class the whole of greenstead as a sh!t hole because there brother lived there once. I wish people like this had more brain or had a little less tunnel vision for life. Stupid brainless talentless tw@t.
Seems like the chip is still very much on your shoulder.

So you hate people who speak from experience despite yourself on another recent story acting like an authority on the quality control procedures of the entire building trade based in the fact you are a plumber.

Excuse me if I don't take offence to being called talentless by someone who can't differentiate between there and their or resorts to name calling to add some kind of weight to their argument.
hang on one minute.

"so you hate people who speak from experience"......
The fact that I simply pointed out that most building companies have quality control procedures put in place to deal with problems like leaky roofs has nothing to do with making silly generalising comments like yourself.
I think you will find (and you don't have to look no further than this very forum) that I never "hate" anything or anyone, in fact, the only chip on my shoulder is that all my life I have been put in boxes that people like you build for people like me so that you can label people.

Greenstead is one of the most diverse parts of colchester. It has people from all parts of the world living there. Some for university, some because they have family there, some are happy and settled there, and some because they have no option. It has good and bad residence, areas, schools and shops. Like many other parts of Colchester and Essex, it cannot be classified and put in a box for the brainless to make comments on.

The way you described Greenstead the first time around, was as silly as saying, "everyone who wears red shoes is thick", or "it rains every friday." Its nonsense.

Greenstead should have extra salt bins. It is a big area and has some long roads.

Oh, and one last thing, Yes I did spell the There wrong. I also did some name calling. Never proud of it, but I had been on my work drinks hours before posting. The fact you have to add these errors of mine to your poorly executed and wrong blog about me is no less tactical than me name calling in the first place.

Sort your own 'box' out first before you start on others.
Dear me you are a troubled soul aren't you.

I was unaware that drinking alcohol could cause a person to lose their understanding of the meaning of words, still if that's your excuse you stick to it.

I understand that this may be hard for you to comprehend but my original comment was based on the experiences my brother had in the time he lived there. It wasn't a statement based on nothing as your post seems to be suggesting.

For someone that doesn't like people being classed based on assumption you are very quick to throw around words like talentless and brainless
[quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: So this thread has again turned into a slanging match between people who do or don't live in a certain area. Speaking from experience, I lived in monk wick for 20 years as a child and teenager. I had a chip on my shoulder, I had good times and bad times, but I made the most of what I had. I then moved into a semi detached house on a private estate, with a mortgage. Humble with what I have, I don't disrespect anyone from a council estate. Greenstead, monk wick or otherwise. Similar, I don't think that people with bigger houses are better than me. What amazes me, is people above who are prepared to pretty much class the whole of greenstead as a sh!t hole because there brother lived there once. I wish people like this had more brain or had a little less tunnel vision for life. Stupid brainless talentless tw@t.[/p][/quote]Seems like the chip is still very much on your shoulder. So you hate people who speak from experience despite yourself on another recent story acting like an authority on the quality control procedures of the entire building trade based in the fact you are a plumber. Excuse me if I don't take offence to being called talentless by someone who can't differentiate between there and their or resorts to name calling to add some kind of weight to their argument.[/p][/quote]hang on one minute. "so you hate people who speak from experience"...... The fact that I simply pointed out that most building companies have quality control procedures put in place to deal with problems like leaky roofs has nothing to do with making silly generalising comments like yourself. I think you will find (and you don't have to look no further than this very forum) that I never "hate" anything or anyone, in fact, the only chip on my shoulder is that all my life I have been put in boxes that people like you build for people like me so that you can label people. Greenstead is one of the most diverse parts of colchester. It has people from all parts of the world living there. Some for university, some because they have family there, some are happy and settled there, and some because they have no option. It has good and bad residence, areas, schools and shops. Like many other parts of Colchester and Essex, it cannot be classified and put in a box for the brainless to make comments on. The way you described Greenstead the first time around, was as silly as saying, "everyone who wears red shoes is thick", or "it rains every friday." Its nonsense. Greenstead should have extra salt bins. It is a big area and has some long roads. Oh, and one last thing, Yes I did spell the There wrong. I also did some name calling. Never proud of it, but I had been on my work drinks hours before posting. The fact you have to add these errors of mine to your poorly executed and wrong blog about me is no less tactical than me name calling in the first place. Sort your own 'box' out first before you start on others.[/p][/quote]Dear me you are a troubled soul aren't you. I was unaware that drinking alcohol could cause a person to lose their understanding of the meaning of words, still if that's your excuse you stick to it. I understand that this may be hard for you to comprehend but my original comment was based on the experiences my brother had in the time he lived there. It wasn't a statement based on nothing as your post seems to be suggesting. For someone that doesn't like people being classed based on assumption you are very quick to throw around words like talentless and brainless Dillinga
  • Score: 0

12:55pm Sat 22 Dec 12

super waluigi says...

So we have established, not once, but twice that I am in fact illiterate for once confusing the words 'there' and 'their'.
We have also established in a very patronising way that I am in fact a troubled soul. Not sure how you would know this, but hey, it is your opinion.

I cannot be bothered to continue this conversation. If you are unable to differentiate between me calling you talentless, and you calling the majority of greenstead as anti social and selfish, then I feel we have hit a wall.

Having blogged to you less than 5 times, I already know that you are itching to have the last say. I will add that i am a rude person. you dont have to point that out. I hope you also know that you are a nasty person. you probably have something to say about that though.
So go ahead. Be predictable and have the last say.
So we have established, not once, but twice that I am in fact illiterate for once confusing the words 'there' and 'their'. We have also established in a very patronising way that I am in fact a troubled soul. Not sure how you would know this, but hey, it is your opinion. I cannot be bothered to continue this conversation. If you are unable to differentiate between me calling you talentless, and you calling the majority of greenstead as anti social and selfish, then I feel we have hit a wall. Having blogged to you less than 5 times, I already know that you are itching to have the last say. I will add that i am a rude person. you dont have to point that out. I hope you also know that you are a nasty person. you probably have something to say about that though. So go ahead. Be predictable and have the last say. super waluigi
  • Score: 0

2:08pm Sat 22 Dec 12

Johnny T says...

Boris wrote:
Johnny T wrote:
This ones for the kids on the Bronx, go get your garden waste bag, It will be where the council man put it when it was delivered, fill it with rock salt then when the weather freezes scatter the rock salt on the Greenstead pensioners paths, Any tips you get save in an Isa then one day you will have enough money to get out of that hell hole.

Boris could you be so rude and check my spelling thanks
Johnny, I couldn't care less about your spelling. I only criticised it because your comment was so idiotic, as several others have also stated.
But hey, it's almost Christmas, so you have a great time, and everybody else on this site, whether we agree or not.
Happy Christmas Boris and all the best for the new year
[quote][p][bold]Boris[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Johnny T[/bold] wrote: This ones for the kids on the Bronx, go get your garden waste bag, It will be where the council man put it when it was delivered, fill it with rock salt then when the weather freezes scatter the rock salt on the Greenstead pensioners paths, Any tips you get save in an Isa then one day you will have enough money to get out of that hell hole. Boris could you be so rude and check my spelling thanks[/p][/quote]Johnny, I couldn't care less about your spelling. I only criticised it because your comment was so idiotic, as several others have also stated. But hey, it's almost Christmas, so you have a great time, and everybody else on this site, whether we agree or not.[/p][/quote]Happy Christmas Boris and all the best for the new year Johnny T
  • Score: 0

11:06pm Sat 22 Dec 12

Boris says...

Johnny T wrote:
Boris wrote:
Johnny T wrote:
This ones for the kids on the Bronx, go get your garden waste bag, It will be where the council man put it when it was delivered, fill it with rock salt then when the weather freezes scatter the rock salt on the Greenstead pensioners paths, Any tips you get save in an Isa then one day you will have enough money to get out of that hell hole.

Boris could you be so rude and check my spelling thanks
Johnny, I couldn't care less about your spelling. I only criticised it because your comment was so idiotic, as several others have also stated.
But hey, it's almost Christmas, so you have a great time, and everybody else on this site, whether we agree or not.
Happy Christmas Boris and all the best for the new year
Good man, Johnny, you are a human being, as are super and Dillinga and RB and crazy and Sdapeze and Winston and all the rest of us who like to have a go at each other.
It's going to be a good one, let's hope the same goes for our friends the Gazette journalists who may sometimes exasperate us, but who produce the content for our local paper.
[quote][p][bold]Johnny T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boris[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Johnny T[/bold] wrote: This ones for the kids on the Bronx, go get your garden waste bag, It will be where the council man put it when it was delivered, fill it with rock salt then when the weather freezes scatter the rock salt on the Greenstead pensioners paths, Any tips you get save in an Isa then one day you will have enough money to get out of that hell hole. Boris could you be so rude and check my spelling thanks[/p][/quote]Johnny, I couldn't care less about your spelling. I only criticised it because your comment was so idiotic, as several others have also stated. But hey, it's almost Christmas, so you have a great time, and everybody else on this site, whether we agree or not.[/p][/quote]Happy Christmas Boris and all the best for the new year[/p][/quote]Good man, Johnny, you are a human being, as are super and Dillinga and RB and crazy and Sdapeze and Winston and all the rest of us who like to have a go at each other. It's going to be a good one, let's hope the same goes for our friends the Gazette journalists who may sometimes exasperate us, but who produce the content for our local paper. Boris
  • Score: 0

1:16pm Sun 23 Dec 12

GreensteadResident says...

I currently live on Greenstead but I'm moving in the New Year.

This is my last post as Greenstead Resident.

I wish you you all a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous and Healthy New Year.
I currently live on Greenstead but I'm moving in the New Year. This is my last post as Greenstead Resident. I wish you you all a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous and Healthy New Year. GreensteadResident
  • Score: 0

12:34pm Mon 24 Dec 12

PROOFREADER says...

Johnny T wrote:
PROOFREADER wrote:
Dillinga wrote:
Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years.
It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live!
you must be from longride then
No I said I live in Greenstead not Longridge or even Avondale.
[quote][p][bold]Johnny T[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PROOFREADER[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.[/p][/quote]I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years. It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live![/p][/quote]you must be from longride then[/p][/quote]No I said I live in Greenstead not Longridge or even Avondale. PROOFREADER
  • Score: 0

1:11pm Mon 24 Dec 12

PROOFREADER says...

Dillinga wrote:
PROOFREADER wrote:
Dillinga wrote:
Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years.
It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live!
You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice.

Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate.

As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices?

The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia.

As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead.
The website caused my post to be shown twice. The place is not in decline in fact it is the opposite. There has not beeen any vandalism here for a longtime. The press give it a bad name because when thry show crime figures for Greenstead they incude crime figures for the whole of the eastern side of Colchester. Some crimes in other parts of Colchester never get reported by the press, Some other parts of Colchester have higher crime rate .figures. Why is it ok for you to do down Greenstead but not name the area where you live for people to say what they think of it. There are no trails of blood on the pavements here, that happens in the town centre. I have lived in Colchester for over 47years and at one time lived in Barnhall. If you think Greenstead is a haven for drug dealers which it is not now you should try living in Barnhall.
[quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PROOFREADER[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.[/p][/quote]I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years. It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live![/p][/quote]You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice. Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate. As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices? The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia. As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead.[/p][/quote]The website caused my post to be shown twice. The place is not in decline in fact it is the opposite. There has not beeen any vandalism here for a longtime. The press give it a bad name because when thry show crime figures for Greenstead they incude crime figures for the whole of the eastern side of Colchester. Some crimes in other parts of Colchester never get reported by the press, Some other parts of Colchester have higher crime rate .figures. Why is it ok for you to do down Greenstead but not name the area where you live for people to say what they think of it. There are no trails of blood on the pavements here, that happens in the town centre. I have lived in Colchester for over 47years and at one time lived in Barnhall. If you think Greenstead is a haven for drug dealers which it is not now you should try living in Barnhall. PROOFREADER
  • Score: 0

1:11pm Mon 24 Dec 12

PROOFREADER says...

Dillinga wrote:
PROOFREADER wrote:
Dillinga wrote:
Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years.
It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live!
You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice.

Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate.

As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices?

The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia.

As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead.
The website caused my post to be shown twice. The place is not in decline in fact it is the opposite. There has not beeen any vandalism here for a longtime. The press give it a bad name because when thry show crime figures for Greenstead they incude crime figures for the whole of the eastern side of Colchester. Some crimes in other parts of Colchester never get reported by the press, Some other parts of Colchester have higher crime rate .figures. Why is it ok for you to do down Greenstead but not name the area where you live for people to say what they think of it. There are no trails of blood on the pavements here, that happens in the town centre. I have lived in Colchester for over 47years and at one time lived in Barnhall. If you think Greenstead is a haven for drug dealers which it is not now you should try living in Barnhall.
[quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PROOFREADER[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.[/p][/quote]I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years. It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live![/p][/quote]You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice. Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate. As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices? The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia. As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead.[/p][/quote]The website caused my post to be shown twice. The place is not in decline in fact it is the opposite. There has not beeen any vandalism here for a longtime. The press give it a bad name because when thry show crime figures for Greenstead they incude crime figures for the whole of the eastern side of Colchester. Some crimes in other parts of Colchester never get reported by the press, Some other parts of Colchester have higher crime rate .figures. Why is it ok for you to do down Greenstead but not name the area where you live for people to say what they think of it. There are no trails of blood on the pavements here, that happens in the town centre. I have lived in Colchester for over 47years and at one time lived in Barnhall. If you think Greenstead is a haven for drug dealers which it is not now you should try living in Barnhall. PROOFREADER
  • Score: 0

1:18pm Mon 24 Dec 12

PROOFREADER says...

Dillinga wrote:
PROOFREADER wrote:
Dillinga wrote:
Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years.
It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live!
You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice.

Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate.

As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices?

The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia.

As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead.
Greenstead is a place which has existed since before the year 1066. So obviously it has suited many people for hundreds of years.
[quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PROOFREADER[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.[/p][/quote]I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years. It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live![/p][/quote]You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice. Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate. As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices? The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia. As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead.[/p][/quote]Greenstead is a place which has existed since before the year 1066. So obviously it has suited many people for hundreds of years. PROOFREADER
  • Score: 0

1:18pm Mon 24 Dec 12

PROOFREADER says...

Dillinga wrote:
PROOFREADER wrote:
Dillinga wrote:
Ozzie wrote:
I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas!
My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority.

I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.
I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years.
It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live!
You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice.

Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate.

As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices?

The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia.

As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead.
Greenstead is a place which has existed since before the year 1066. So obviously it has suited many people for hundreds of years.
[quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PROOFREADER[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dillinga[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ozzie[/bold] wrote: I really wish everyone in Colchester, press included, would stop knocking the residents of Greenstead. Perhaps if you tried living there for a period of time you would actually adopt a different perspective of the residents. Yes, some are problemmatic, but the majority are decent, law-abiding citizens trying to make their way in the world. Happy Christmas![/p][/quote]My brother lived there for several years, it's a hole with little or no community spirit, everyone looking after themselves, anti social residents, selfish parking and an abundance of petty crime. Your statement has things the wrong way round it's problem residents that are the majority. I'd wager when the salt is actually needed to treat the streets etc the bins will be either empty or a pile of ashes.[/p][/quote]I have lived in Greenstead for 14 years. It is nice place to live. I have fantastic neighbours and everybody I have got to meet and know over the years are very decent and sociable people. There is a strong community spirit here despite what you say. I suggest you look round some other areas then you will find out what a hole is, Greenstead is not a hole. Dillinga you are talking out of your rear end as usual. Perhaps you would like to tell us where you live![/p][/quote]You do realise that you don't need to continually post twice. Well it seems that I must have imagined the frequent news stories of drug dealing, crime, antisocial behaviour and vandalism on the Greenstead estate. As somebody that has lived there for so many years are you honestly telling me the place hasn't been on the decline for years along with property prices? The place is a dump. Of course there are decent people living there but let's not fool ourselves that this place is some kind of wonderful utopia. As for where I live that is frankly of no relevance and none of your business but put it this way I know that I won't leave my house in the morning to see trails of blood on the pavement the wing mirror kicked off my car bus shelters smashed up and burnt out bins all things I saw in 2 weeks of staying with my brother in Greenstead.[/p][/quote]Greenstead is a place which has existed since before the year 1066. So obviously it has suited many people for hundreds of years. PROOFREADER
  • Score: 0

1:35pm Wed 2 Jan 13

O rly? says...

super waluigi wrote:
So we have established, not once, but twice that I am in fact illiterate for once confusing the words 'there' and 'their'.
We have also established in a very patronising way that I am in fact a troubled soul. Not sure how you would know this, but hey, it is your opinion.

I cannot be bothered to continue this conversation. If you are unable to differentiate between me calling you talentless, and you calling the majority of greenstead as anti social and selfish, then I feel we have hit a wall.

Having blogged to you less than 5 times, I already know that you are itching to have the last say. I will add that i am a rude person. you dont have to point that out. I hope you also know that you are a nasty person. you probably have something to say about that though.
So go ahead. Be predictable and have the last say.
As you're predictable(or perhaps not) friend hasn't taken you're rather meagre bait, I'll just interject enough to say...

...I agree wholeheartedly with his evaluation of the area, more than the average wasters p/sq.m
[quote][p][bold]super waluigi[/bold] wrote: So we have established, not once, but twice that I am in fact illiterate for once confusing the words 'there' and 'their'. We have also established in a very patronising way that I am in fact a troubled soul. Not sure how you would know this, but hey, it is your opinion. I cannot be bothered to continue this conversation. If you are unable to differentiate between me calling you talentless, and you calling the majority of greenstead as anti social and selfish, then I feel we have hit a wall. Having blogged to you less than 5 times, I already know that you are itching to have the last say. I will add that i am a rude person. you dont have to point that out. I hope you also know that you are a nasty person. you probably have something to say about that though. So go ahead. Be predictable and have the last say.[/p][/quote]As you're predictable(or perhaps not) friend hasn't taken you're rather meagre bait, I'll just interject enough to say... ...I agree wholeheartedly with his evaluation of the area, more than the average wasters p/sq.m O rly?
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree