4:35pm Tuesday 27th November 2012
ROYAL oak trees have been given to the borough of Colchester.
Colchester Council has received the saplings from the Royal Estate after 12 open spaces were designated Queen Elizabeth II Fields.
The park’s department is now looking for schools to get involved and care for the saplings until they are big enough to plant.
The twelve designated spaces are in:
• Elmwood Avenue, Shrub End
• Gosbecks Archaeological Park
• Henrietta Close, Wivenhoe Cross
• Hilly Fields
• Irvine Road
• Magnolia Drive, Greenstead
• Mill Road Recreation Ground, Mile End
• Monkwick open space
• Salary Brook, Parsons Heath
• St John’s open space
• Tile House Farm, Great Horkesley
• Mile End Sports Ground
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group