Pharmacy bemoans bus changes

Gazette: Complaints: Simon Moul Complaints: Simon Moul

A PHARMACIST said he has been inundated with complaints from customers about the new bus routes.

Simon Moul, of Day Lewis Pharmacy, in Priory Walk, said disabled and elderly customers are struggling to walk there from the new stops.

He said complaints started from before 10am on Monday - the first working day since the new bus station was launched.

Comments (18)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:20pm Tue 20 Nov 12

meadowlady says...

It is ridiculous not to have a bus stop between East Hill and the Gala building.I was using the 62 Service and I wanted to go to Priory Walk but silly me thought I could get off outside the old Shoeworld shop since the bus station closed. My knee hurts too much to walk that far. Never mind, I will get my car out tomorrow. Clearly the planners don't use the bus service.
It is ridiculous not to have a bus stop between East Hill and the Gala building.I was using the 62 Service and I wanted to go to Priory Walk but silly me thought I could get off outside the old Shoeworld shop since the bus station closed. My knee hurts too much to walk that far. Never mind, I will get my car out tomorrow. Clearly the planners don't use the bus service. meadowlady

7:43pm Tue 20 Nov 12

Heinz says...

You don't think planners actually plan do you? They just change things to give the impression that they're doing something - and ignore the punters.
You don't think planners actually plan do you? They just change things to give the impression that they're doing something - and ignore the punters. Heinz

8:38pm Tue 20 Nov 12

Reginald47 says...

I didn't realise there was only one pharmacy in Colchester.
I didn't realise there was only one pharmacy in Colchester. Reginald47

11:20pm Tue 20 Nov 12

Boris says...

Reginald47 wrote:
I didn't realise there was only one pharmacy in Colchester.
Well of course there are plenty, but not all residential areas have one, so some people use the ones in the town centre.
Mr Moul's business is now going to suffer, to the extent that he may even have to close his shop. Thanks to the loony decision by the Lib Dem and Labour coalition, many businesses in that area are going to suffer.
[quote][p][bold]Reginald47[/bold] wrote: I didn't realise there was only one pharmacy in Colchester.[/p][/quote]Well of course there are plenty, but not all residential areas have one, so some people use the ones in the town centre. Mr Moul's business is now going to suffer, to the extent that he may even have to close his shop. Thanks to the loony decision by the Lib Dem and Labour coalition, many businesses in that area are going to suffer. Boris

11:24pm Tue 20 Nov 12

meadowlady says...

To Reginald47. Don't be such a smart ar*e. I happen to have a block of 6 months' prescriptions at that pharmacy.When that runs out I shall make other arrangements. I just knew some clever dick like you would come up with such a stupid statement. Write something constructive or go away.
To Reginald47. Don't be such a smart ar*e. I happen to have a block of 6 months' prescriptions at that pharmacy.When that runs out I shall make other arrangements. I just knew some clever dick like you would come up with such a stupid statement. Write something constructive or go away. meadowlady

8:40am Wed 21 Nov 12

Justice79 says...

meadowlady wrote:
To Reginald47. Don't be such a smart ar*e. I happen to have a block of 6 months' prescriptions at that pharmacy.When that runs out I shall make other arrangements. I just knew some clever dick like you would come up with such a stupid statement. Write something constructive or go away.
Why is that a smart comment it's hardly like the new bus station was a surprise, the fact of the matter is you assumed you could get off where you wanted and were inconvenienced when you couldn't that is nobody fault but your own.
[quote][p][bold]meadowlady[/bold] wrote: To Reginald47. Don't be such a smart ar*e. I happen to have a block of 6 months' prescriptions at that pharmacy.When that runs out I shall make other arrangements. I just knew some clever dick like you would come up with such a stupid statement. Write something constructive or go away.[/p][/quote]Why is that a smart comment it's hardly like the new bus station was a surprise, the fact of the matter is you assumed you could get off where you wanted and were inconvenienced when you couldn't that is nobody fault but your own. Justice79

10:05am Wed 21 Nov 12

Madcowmac says...

As normal the people of colchester don't like changes.
As normal the people of colchester don't like changes. Madcowmac

10:15am Wed 21 Nov 12

Simon Taylor says...

Reginald47 wrote:
I didn't realise there was only one pharmacy in Colchester.
Maybe Day Lewis (and Sainburys, Peacocks, Compuccino, etc) will be able to relocate into Vineyard Gate when that opens...?
[quote][p][bold]Reginald47[/bold] wrote: I didn't realise there was only one pharmacy in Colchester.[/p][/quote]Maybe Day Lewis (and Sainburys, Peacocks, Compuccino, etc) will be able to relocate into Vineyard Gate when that opens...? Simon Taylor

10:20am Wed 21 Nov 12

TheCaptain says...

I think it all went wrong when they moved the bus station from St.Johns Street to build a Tesco. Change no thanks :)
I think it all went wrong when they moved the bus station from St.Johns Street to build a Tesco. Change no thanks :) TheCaptain

1:00pm Wed 21 Nov 12

hughie-s says...

TheCaptain wrote:
I think it all went wrong when they moved the bus station from St.Johns Street to build a Tesco. Change no thanks :)
St Johns' Street was long way to walk from the shops. Far better when the buses started from outside the Grand Theatre in High Street or the yards of various pubs.

At least now there are no tram tracks to get my bike wheels stuck in.
[quote][p][bold]TheCaptain[/bold] wrote: I think it all went wrong when they moved the bus station from St.Johns Street to build a Tesco. Change no thanks :)[/p][/quote]St Johns' Street was long way to walk from the shops. Far better when the buses started from outside the Grand Theatre in High Street or the yards of various pubs. At least now there are no tram tracks to get my bike wheels stuck in. hughie-s

4:01pm Wed 21 Nov 12

Boris says...

Simon Taylor wrote:
Reginald47 wrote:
I didn't realise there was only one pharmacy in Colchester.
Maybe Day Lewis (and Sainburys, Peacocks, Compuccino, etc) will be able to relocate into Vineyard Gate when that opens...?
Meadowlady will be long dead by then, and so will you.
[quote][p][bold]Simon Taylor[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reginald47[/bold] wrote: I didn't realise there was only one pharmacy in Colchester.[/p][/quote]Maybe Day Lewis (and Sainburys, Peacocks, Compuccino, etc) will be able to relocate into Vineyard Gate when that opens...?[/p][/quote]Meadowlady will be long dead by then, and so will you. Boris

4:02pm Wed 21 Nov 12

Boris says...

hughie-s wrote:
TheCaptain wrote:
I think it all went wrong when they moved the bus station from St.Johns Street to build a Tesco. Change no thanks :)
St Johns' Street was long way to walk from the shops. Far better when the buses started from outside the Grand Theatre in High Street or the yards of various pubs.

At least now there are no tram tracks to get my bike wheels stuck in.
Bring back the trams, that will keep the cyclists in order.
[quote][p][bold]hughie-s[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheCaptain[/bold] wrote: I think it all went wrong when they moved the bus station from St.Johns Street to build a Tesco. Change no thanks :)[/p][/quote]St Johns' Street was long way to walk from the shops. Far better when the buses started from outside the Grand Theatre in High Street or the yards of various pubs. At least now there are no tram tracks to get my bike wheels stuck in.[/p][/quote]Bring back the trams, that will keep the cyclists in order. Boris

4:48pm Wed 21 Nov 12

rhetoric says...

One comment on this thread is absolutely valid - when did you last see a councillor or a planner on the buses?
.
We bus users are being doled out what is "for our own good" like workhouse denizens of the 19thc.
.
As to businesses closing because of the bus stops changing, that is a tragedy. If the businesses concerned are locally owned small concerns, it is a double tragedy.
.
One note of humour - I do remember my Mother getting her bicycle wheel stuck in the old railway lines at the Hythe, aeons ago, removing it by force just as the goods train trundled towards her. HughieS obviously comes into the 100+ age group! Nice to know that he still has a bicycle and I hope he is using it regularly?
One comment on this thread is absolutely valid - when did you last see a councillor or a planner on the buses? . We bus users are being doled out what is "for our own good" like workhouse denizens of the 19thc. . As to businesses closing because of the bus stops changing, that is a tragedy. If the businesses concerned are locally owned small concerns, it is a double tragedy. . One note of humour - I do remember my Mother getting her bicycle wheel stuck in the old railway lines at the Hythe, aeons ago, removing it by force just as the goods train trundled towards her. HughieS obviously comes into the 100+ age group! Nice to know that he still has a bicycle and I hope he is using it regularly? rhetoric

2:41pm Thu 22 Nov 12

Bert_Stimpson says...

Mr Moul could always relocate his business to premises opposite Barton's Folly Bus Stop (also known as the £2m Smoking Shelter). I'm sure there's some empty retail units down there. Probably cheaper than Priory Walk too.
Mr Moul could always relocate his business to premises opposite Barton's Folly Bus Stop (also known as the £2m Smoking Shelter). I'm sure there's some empty retail units down there. Probably cheaper than Priory Walk too. Bert_Stimpson

4:23pm Thu 22 Nov 12

simonthepharmacist says...

Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread with various offers of where you like me to move to!
I think you may have missed the point though people use this pharmacy because it is in the Town Centre and very close to Sainsbury's.
My reason for raising this in the first place was to highlight the fact that there are adequate bus stops in Queen Street but many of the buses now do not stop at them.
The whole point was to make the Town Centre may accessible particularly for those who rely on Public Transport & have resricted mobility.
There are another 6 pharmacies that could open next year in NE Essex so even more choice as they will all be open 100 hours a week.
Those experiencing difficulty accessing the Town Centre for a Pharmacy please enquire about having your medication delivered.
Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread with various offers of where you like me to move to! I think you may have missed the point though people use this pharmacy because it is in the Town Centre and very close to Sainsbury's. My reason for raising this in the first place was to highlight the fact that there are adequate bus stops in Queen Street but many of the buses now do not stop at them. The whole point was to make the Town Centre may accessible particularly for those who rely on Public Transport & have resricted mobility. There are another 6 pharmacies that could open next year in NE Essex so even more choice as they will all be open 100 hours a week. Those experiencing difficulty accessing the Town Centre for a Pharmacy please enquire about having your medication delivered. simonthepharmacist

5:04pm Thu 22 Nov 12

Bert_Stimpson says...

simonthepharmacist wrote:
Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread with various offers of where you like me to move to!
I think you may have missed the point though people use this pharmacy because it is in the Town Centre and very close to Sainsbury's.
My reason for raising this in the first place was to highlight the fact that there are adequate bus stops in Queen Street but many of the buses now do not stop at them.
The whole point was to make the Town Centre may accessible particularly for those who rely on Public Transport & have resricted mobility.
There are another 6 pharmacies that could open next year in NE Essex so even more choice as they will all be open 100 hours a week.
Those experiencing difficulty accessing the Town Centre for a Pharmacy please enquire about having your medication delivered.
So, would you say that Barton's Folly is outside the town centre? Or just not convenient for those wanting to access the town centre?
[quote][p][bold]simonthepharmacist[/bold] wrote: Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread with various offers of where you like me to move to! I think you may have missed the point though people use this pharmacy because it is in the Town Centre and very close to Sainsbury's. My reason for raising this in the first place was to highlight the fact that there are adequate bus stops in Queen Street but many of the buses now do not stop at them. The whole point was to make the Town Centre may accessible particularly for those who rely on Public Transport & have resricted mobility. There are another 6 pharmacies that could open next year in NE Essex so even more choice as they will all be open 100 hours a week. Those experiencing difficulty accessing the Town Centre for a Pharmacy please enquire about having your medication delivered.[/p][/quote]So, would you say that Barton's Folly is outside the town centre? Or just not convenient for those wanting to access the town centre? Bert_Stimpson

6:10pm Thu 22 Nov 12

Green Moggy says...

i've cracked it. Either phone for a mini cab from the linear bus station to town centre (at least one councellor may benefit from this increase in cab usage) or get the 65 to Essex County Hospital, cross the road and get another bus back to Head Street/High Street - sorted.
i've cracked it. Either phone for a mini cab from the linear bus station to town centre (at least one councellor may benefit from this increase in cab usage) or get the 65 to Essex County Hospital, cross the road and get another bus back to Head Street/High Street - sorted. Green Moggy

12:19pm Mon 26 Nov 12

Red Tape 2 says...

Did that new "Bus Station" really cost us taxpayers £2m? It looks like an oversized conservatory with tasteless blue neon lights....I'd have been upset to be asked to pay more than £10k for it personally.
Did that new "Bus Station" really cost us taxpayers £2m? It looks like an oversized conservatory with tasteless blue neon lights....I'd have been upset to be asked to pay more than £10k for it personally. Red Tape 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree