Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Your guide to fireworks this weekend
10:45am Thursday 1st November 2012 in News
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2
• Tiptree fireworks display, Thurstable School Gates open at 6pm, the bonfire is lit at 6.30pm and the fireworks begin at 7pm. Admission in advance from the school shop is £6, £2 for children or £15 for a family of two adults and up to three children.
• Alresford Primary School PTA display, Ford Lane Gates open 6pm, fireworks 7pm. Tickets are £12 for a family (two adults and two children); £5 for adults and £3 for children in advance, available from the school or post office. On the night they are £17; £7 and £5 respectively.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3
• Peldon playing fields, next to the Plough pub Free village fireworks display. Starts with a children’s event at 6.30pm, followed by the lighting of the main bonfire at 7pm, and an organised display. There’s also a bar, refreshments and free parking.
• Waldegraves Holiday Park, Waldegraves Lane, Mersea Fun includes Honda Goldwings motorcycle group performing a light show, with fire eaters and live bands providing more entertainment. Admission is free, with activities kicking off at 4pm, leading up to fireworks at about 7pm. All proceeds from parking charges are going to charity.
• Firework Extravaganza, Earls Colne Primary School, Park Lane There’s a licensed bar, hot food and drinks and tuck shop for children, but no sparklers are allowed. Tickets on night are adults £5, children 16 and under £2.50 (under-fives free). Gates open 5pm, bonfire lit at 5.30pm and fireworks at 6pm.
• Langham Parish Council display, Recreation Ground, Langham Gates open 6pm. There’s free parking, plus refreshments and bar. Tickets are adults £6, children £2, and are available by calling 01206 272448 or from the community shop.
• Fireworks display, Halstead Town Football Club, Rosemary Lane Gates will open at 6pm, with the fireworks expected to start an hour later. Tickets are £5 for adults, £3 for children, and free to children under school age. Sparklers are not permitted. There will also be a barbecue and other refreshments.
• Copford Church Fireworks Display, Church Road Gates open at 5pm for the village bonfire and barbecue. Tickets are £6 for adults and £4 for children (under-threes free). They can be reserved on-line at www.copfordsocial.com
• Rotary Club of Maldon fireworks display, Promenade Park, Maldon The event will once again have a hog roast, alongside an array of children’s rides and games. Gates open at 5.30pm, with the bonfire due to be lit at 7pm and fireworks starting at 7.30pm. Advance tickets, £5 for adults and £3 for children. Available from Maldon Tourist Information Centre, or, £6 for adults and £4 for children on the gate. Visitors should park in the town car parks and walk down to the park.
• Witham Round Table display, Witham Rugby Club, Spa Road, Witham Gates open at 5pm with the bonfire being lit at 6.30pm, and the fireworks taking place from 7.30pm. Advance tickets £8 for a family of two adults and two children, or £3 for adults and £2 for children. Gate prices are £5 adults, £3 for children or £10 for a family. Call Witham Tourist Information Centre on 01376 502674. On the gate, tickets will be £5, £3 and £10 respectively. MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5
• King Coel’s Kittens fireworks display, Colchester Castle Park This will be the 42nd display put on by King Coel’s Kittens, raising funds to support people and groups with special needs. It includes entertainment from magician Michael J Fitch. The procession sets out at 7pm from the Castle keep, heading through the upper and lower park, where the guy will be placed on the bonfire by the Beefeaters. The fireworks display starts at 7.30pm. Tickets, £8 for adults and £4 for children, are available from the Colchester Visitor Information Centre, in Queen Street. Gates open at 6pm.
• Broomgrove School’s fireworks, Broomgrove School, Broom Grove, Wivenhoe Gates open at 6pm and fireworks begin at 7pm. A family ticket is £13 in advance, for two adults and up to three children. Pre-school children go in free. Tickets available from the school office during school hours, and Bryan’s Newsagents, High Street. Refreshments and lots of glow products will be on sale.
• Fireworks display, Mayflower Primary School, Main Road, Harwich There will be hot food, candy floss, popcorn and other refreshments available. Tickets are £12 for a group of four, or £4 each. Gates open at 5.30pm and the display begins at 7pm. Under-fives go in free.
• Fireworks at Great Clacton Junior School, Craigfield Avenue, Great Clacton Enjoy a barbecue and a host of other attractions at the annual display, with gates opening at 6.30pm. Tickets cost £5 for adults and £3 for children.
• Bonfire Night, Braintree Rugby Club, Beckers Green Road Annual display, including bonfire, fireworks, funfair, barbecue, hot food, outside bar and music. Entertainment from Braintree Marxmen Drum and Colour Guard. Gates open at 5.30pm. The bonfire will be lit at 7.45pm, with fireworks from 8pm. Tickets are £6 for adults and £4 for children on the night.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10
• Heathlands Primary School, New Church Road, West Bergholt Organised by the Heathlands School Parent Teacher Association, gates open at 5.30pm, bonfire lit 6pm, and fireworks from 7pm.Tickets/programmes now on sale, £3 pre-purchased from village shops and other outlets, or £4 on the night. Children aged three and under go in free and there’ll be a hog roast, barbecue and hot and cold drinks. • Coggeshall Fireworks, St Peter’s School, Myneer Park Includes barbecue and refreshments. Gates open at 6pm, fireworks at 6.45pm. Tickets, in advance cost £5 for adults, £3 for children or £12 for a family of four, available from the Spar shop. On the night they are £6 for adults,£4 for children, £15 for a family.