Bradford East (House of Commons)
Mr David Ward MP (Independent)
Surgery: 458 Killinghall Road
Surgery Tel: 01274 403 973
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 365 Born - 24/06/1953. Married (Jackie), 2 sons.
Education - Boston Grammar School. Bradford University (MBA M. Phil). Leicester University (MSc.).
Previous Occupation - Project Manager at Leeds Metropolitan University.
Personal Overview - An experienced political campaigner in Bradford, he won this seat on a large swing from Labour in 2010. A local man, he has campaigned locally on issues such as fuel poverty and has supported the regeneration of Bradford City Centre. He has focused on encouraging greater community cohesion, attempting to get young people in the local community more interested in sport by working with Bradford Football Club and Yorkshire County Cricket Club. He had the Party Whip withdrawn from July 2013 until September 2013 following comments that he had made about Israel.
Political History - Councillor, Bradford Metropolitan District Council. General Election candidate for Bradford North (1990 by-election, 1992, 2001, 2005). MP Bradford East (2010-). Member of the Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (2010-12). Member of the Education Select Committee (2012-).
Characteristics - Has been a member of the Association of Liberal Democrat Councillors.
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
Interests: Regeneration,Education & Training,Fuel Poverty,Health
- Education Committee (Member)
- Connecting Communities Group (Member)
- Gypsies Travellers Roma Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Housing in the North (Vice Chairman)
- Local Growth, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Enterprise Zones Group (Member)
- Manufacturing Group (Member)
- Non-Profit Making Members' Clubs (Vice Chairman)
- Poverty Group (Member)
- Private Rented Sector Group (Vice Chairman)
- Refugees Group (Member)
- Regeneration through Innovation Group (Vice Chairman)
- Skills and Employment Group (Member)
- Textile Manufacturing (Associate Group) (Chairman)
- 2014 Yorkshire and UK Tour de France Group (Member)
- Trade and Investment Group (Vice Chairman)
- Voter Registration Group (Vice Chairman)
- Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire Group (Vice Chairman)
- Pakistan Group (Treasurer)
- Britain-Palestine Group (Member)
Yorkshire and the Humber (European Parliament)
Mr Mike Hookem MEP (UKIP)
MEP Since - 2014. Born - 19. Married.
Education - N/a.
Previous Occupation - Served for four years in the Royal Air Force (RAF). Property Manager, Residential Property Group Ltd (2011-13). Researcher for Godfry Bloom MEP.
Personal Overview - Since joining the party in 2008 he has been active in the Yorkshire Region and was a candidate at the 2010 General Election in Hull. Within UKIP as the Chair of the Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire Region he has been active in setting up a Regional Training Team to give help and support to those members wishing to stand for the party in local or Westminster elections. During the 2014 European Election campaign he received several death threats after a spelling mistake on his business card was printed in the Private Eye magazine along with his mobile phone number.
Political History - Joined UKIP (2008). General Election candidate for Hull East (2010). Chairman of the Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire Region Committee (2011-14). MEP Yorkshire & The Humber Region (2014-). Member of the Subcommittee on Security and Defence (2014-). Substitute member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs (2014-). Substitute member of the Committee on Fisheries (2014-).
Other Information - He spent nine years as a reservist for the Commando Engineers.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: +32(0)2 28 45561
- Foreign Affairs (Member)
- Fisheries (Member)
- Subcommittee on Security & Defence (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org