A LITTLE girl with a severe allergy lost consciousness on a plane after a man ignored three warnings and opened a packet of nuts.

Fae Platten, four, went into anaphylactic shock and stopped breathing.

She was only revived with an injection.

Even though the man who opened the packet of nuts was seated four rows away, the recycled air used in planes meant Fae started suffering within 20 minutes of her flight back to Stansted from a family holiday.

Mum Katy Platten, 30, of West Bergholt, said she wanted to warn future air passengers that people with nut allergies can suffer even if they do not eat them.

For the full report, see Thursday's Gazette