"We want to spoil family after memorial attack"

"We want to spoil family after memorial attack"

First published in News
Last updated

KIND-HEARTED readers have offered to help a family attacked on their way to a memorial service for their stillborn baby.

The baby girl’s father, his three children and a family friend were assaulted in Colchester’s Highwoods Country Park where they were going to release balloons in her memory.

Angie Glasspoole, manager at Tenpin bowling alley in Cowdray Avenue, is the latest to come forward after reading the story.

She said: “I have a daughter and if I ever lost her, I do not know what I would do.

“I lost my mum and if this happened to me after a memorial service, I can’t imagine how horrible it would be.

“We just want to do something to spoil the children and try to make their life just a little bit better after the horrible things that happened to them.”

The bowling alley has offered the family a free day out.

Others residents from Colchester and further afield have asked to donate balloons, gifts or money to help the family, and organise a memorial service.

A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We have been pleased with the public response to the awful attacks, especially those charities who have offered their support.

“This was an appalling incident where an emotional and private event was ruined.”

Six people were arrested in connection with the incident and have been bailed while investigations continue.

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:43pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Navajo wife says...

I would like to say thank you and God bless all of the wonderful people who are rallying around this family at such a sad.time. To the family, please know that your precious little baby is sleeping safely in Gods arms. The people who.committed this horriific crime WILL be brought to justice and I urge anyone who has any knowledge of this to come forward so that this grieving family can have some closure. You have our love and prayers from California.****
I would like to say thank you and God bless all of the wonderful people who are rallying around this family at such a sad.time. To the family, please know that your precious little baby is sleeping safely in Gods arms. The people who.committed this horriific crime WILL be brought to justice and I urge anyone who has any knowledge of this to come forward so that this grieving family can have some closure. You have our love and prayers from California.**** Navajo wife
  • Score: -13

10:15pm Wed 13 Aug 14

Jack222 says...

I don't understand the heading...


And the American religious aspect is very intrusive and bears no relationship to the people in the article as given above.
I don't understand the heading... And the American religious aspect is very intrusive and bears no relationship to the people in the article as given above. Jack222
  • Score: 16

3:01am Thu 14 Aug 14

all.talk.no.action says...

A picture speaks a thousand words...
A picture speaks a thousand words... all.talk.no.action
  • Score: 25

3:01am Thu 14 Aug 14

all.talk.no.action says...

Navajo wife wrote:
I would like to say thank you and God bless all of the wonderful people who are rallying around this family at such a sad.time. To the family, please know that your precious little baby is sleeping safely in Gods arms. The people who.committed this horriific crime WILL be brought to justice and I urge anyone who has any knowledge of this to come forward so that this grieving family can have some closure. You have our love and prayers from California.****
Close..ie Road
[quote][p][bold]Navajo wife[/bold] wrote: I would like to say thank you and God bless all of the wonderful people who are rallying around this family at such a sad.time. To the family, please know that your precious little baby is sleeping safely in Gods arms. The people who.committed this horriific crime WILL be brought to justice and I urge anyone who has any knowledge of this to come forward so that this grieving family can have some closure. You have our love and prayers from California.****[/p][/quote]Close..ie Road all.talk.no.action
  • Score: 17

6:10am Thu 14 Aug 14

Navajo wife says...

all.talk.no.action wrote:
Navajo wife wrote:
I would like to say thank you and God bless all of the wonderful people who are rallying around this family at such a sad.time. To the family, please know that your precious little baby is sleeping safely in Gods arms. The people who.committed this horriific crime WILL be brought to justice and I urge anyone who has any knowledge of this to come forward so that this grieving family can have some closure. You have our love and prayers from California.****
Close..ie Road
alltalk, have no idea what you mean and really don't care. As for you Jack, my parents were married at St. Leonards at the Hythe, I was christened there, attended sunday school and church there. So, what does American religion have to do with my comment and since when has God been intrusive. .You don't seem to have any feelings for this family.So, I am an English person who just happens to be a Reverend in the USA.What happened to us ALL being Gods children.I will pray for you Jack and I am sure this will not cause nasty comments. The good people of Colchester have always been kind so I hope you can learn from the majority. Thanks Colchester, miss ya and love ya.
[quote][p][bold]all.talk.no.action[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Navajo wife[/bold] wrote: I would like to say thank you and God bless all of the wonderful people who are rallying around this family at such a sad.time. To the family, please know that your precious little baby is sleeping safely in Gods arms. The people who.committed this horriific crime WILL be brought to justice and I urge anyone who has any knowledge of this to come forward so that this grieving family can have some closure. You have our love and prayers from California.****[/p][/quote]Close..ie Road[/p][/quote]alltalk, have no idea what you mean and really don't care. As for you Jack, my parents were married at St. Leonards at the Hythe, I was christened there, attended sunday school and church there. So, what does American religion have to do with my comment and since when has God been intrusive. .You don't seem to have any feelings for this family.So, I am an English person who just happens to be a Reverend in the USA.What happened to us ALL being Gods children.I will pray for you Jack and I am sure this will not cause nasty comments. The good people of Colchester have always been kind so I hope you can learn from the majority. Thanks Colchester, miss ya and love ya. Navajo wife
  • Score: -11

11:47pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Boris says...

Navajo wife wrote:
all.talk.no.action wrote:
Navajo wife wrote:
I would like to say thank you and God bless all of the wonderful people who are rallying around this family at such a sad.time. To the family, please know that your precious little baby is sleeping safely in Gods arms. The people who.committed this horriific crime WILL be brought to justice and I urge anyone who has any knowledge of this to come forward so that this grieving family can have some closure. You have our love and prayers from California.****
Close..ie Road
alltalk, have no idea what you mean and really don't care. As for you Jack, my parents were married at St. Leonards at the Hythe, I was christened there, attended sunday school and church there. So, what does American religion have to do with my comment and since when has God been intrusive. .You don't seem to have any feelings for this family.So, I am an English person who just happens to be a Reverend in the USA.What happened to us ALL being Gods children.I will pray for you Jack and I am sure this will not cause nasty comments. The good people of Colchester have always been kind so I hope you can learn from the majority. Thanks Colchester, miss ya and love ya.
It is good that we have a few readers far afield. Navajo wife, I don't know if we always agree, but I think most of us are pleased that you like to keep in touch with Colchester in this way. Keep on posting whenever you wish, and when we disagree with you, let's do so objectively. It is true that to us, Americans seem to be religious maniacs, but we should just take it in our stride, you are also human beings, like us. You are a minister of religion so you are bound to bring in that aspect, even more than an ordinary American would.
[quote][p][bold]Navajo wife[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]all.talk.no.action[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Navajo wife[/bold] wrote: I would like to say thank you and God bless all of the wonderful people who are rallying around this family at such a sad.time. To the family, please know that your precious little baby is sleeping safely in Gods arms. The people who.committed this horriific crime WILL be brought to justice and I urge anyone who has any knowledge of this to come forward so that this grieving family can have some closure. You have our love and prayers from California.****[/p][/quote]Close..ie Road[/p][/quote]alltalk, have no idea what you mean and really don't care. As for you Jack, my parents were married at St. Leonards at the Hythe, I was christened there, attended sunday school and church there. So, what does American religion have to do with my comment and since when has God been intrusive. .You don't seem to have any feelings for this family.So, I am an English person who just happens to be a Reverend in the USA.What happened to us ALL being Gods children.I will pray for you Jack and I am sure this will not cause nasty comments. The good people of Colchester have always been kind so I hope you can learn from the majority. Thanks Colchester, miss ya and love ya.[/p][/quote]It is good that we have a few readers far afield. Navajo wife, I don't know if we always agree, but I think most of us are pleased that you like to keep in touch with Colchester in this way. Keep on posting whenever you wish, and when we disagree with you, let's do so objectively. It is true that to us, Americans seem to be religious maniacs, but we should just take it in our stride, you are also human beings, like us. You are a minister of religion so you are bound to bring in that aspect, even more than an ordinary American would. Boris
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree