A talented musician accidentally overdosed on strong painkillers he was taking because of terrible headaches caused by a cyst on his brain.
Stephen Millard, 24, was in constant pain and was taking painkillers more powerful than the ones doctors had given him, an inquest into his death heard.
He was found dead in his flat in Pebmarsh Close, Colchester. on November 14 last year.
Recording a verdict of accidental death, coroner Eleanor McGann said the tragedy demonstrated how easy it was to overdose on painkillers by mistake.
After the hearing, Stephen’s family described him as a massive music fan with a generous character.
See today's Gazette for the full story