Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
Hospital trust’s cancer services deemed safe in new report
Updated 9:06am Thursday 17th July 2014 in News
CANCER services in Colchester’s hospital have been deemed safe in a new report, following a damning review last year which claimed they were not.
NHS England’s latest report, which was published today, has revealed five of the six cancer pathways criticised in December are now safe.
The sixth pathway, for skin cancer, has not yet been revisited.
The trust’s chief executive Dr Lucy Moore said the report was proof of the significant progress the Trust had made.
She said: “I want to thank NHS England for their report which I hope will reassure patients and the public that all of our cancers services are now safe.
“We developed a comprehensive action plan to improve cancer services following the CQC report and NHS England’s first report and we now have independent evidence of the progress that has been made.
“However, we are not complacent and the report includes some extremely helpful recommendations for us to make further progress towards achieving our goal of having cancer services that are second to none.”
Read more in tomorrow's Gazette.