Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting GAZETTE NEWS to 80360, or email
'No decision made on youth service cuts', councillor says
A SENIOR councillor has insisted no decisions have been taken over plans to cut £3 million from youth services.
Essex County Council launched a consultation last week into the proposals, which the authority has admitted could lead to redundancies.
But Ray Gooding, county councillor for education, said he was disappointed as most of the feedback given in the first week suggested a decision had been made.
Mr Gooding said: “I would like to stress no decisions have been taken and it is incredibly important people feel their views are valued and will count towards influencing any decision I have to make.
“Only at the end of this six week consultation period, when all feedback has been considered, will I then make a decision on the future of Essex Youth Services.
“I absolutely understand people are passionate about the youth provision across the county and value the service it provides which is why participation in the consultation is so important.”
- The consultation runs until Wednesday November 20 and people can give their views at the Essex Insight website or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Comments are closed on this article.